Thursday 31 May 2012

Living the Brand

I visited one of my regular clients, Scott Sports yesterday. It was the first time one of my visits had coincided with one of their famous lunchtime cycle rides and even as a 'supplier' I was encouraged to take part. GM Steve Carter tells me that these 3 times per week, 15 mile sessions serve to:
  • promote health and fitness in the team
  • build team connectivity
  • familiarise people with the products they are selling
  • give people the user experience and build empathy with customers
  • and, build credibility...we don't just talk about it we 'live' it!
The team face all the usual business pressures but most make time to take part - though some have to be dragged away from their desks! The post ride shower and mini-buffet for participants adds to the experience. Steve says, 'We don't make a fuss about it, it's just the way we do things here'.



No comments:

Post a Comment